News
AEA’s Financial Literacy & Inclusion Campaigns Excites Kuje Residents
It was a successful outing for the ongoing Abuja Enterprise Agency’s Financial Literacy and Inclusion Awareness Campaign in Kuje Area Council on Wednesday as numerous residents visited the tents mounted by AEA in frantic search for solutions and answers that best suited their business needs.
The Sensitization Team also traversed the length and breadth of the Area Council during the period.
A Statement signed by AEA’s Team Lead, Corporate Communications, Mr. Emmanuel Tortiv said information bothering on Tax Education, Financial Planning, Managing Risks, Financial Fraud and Scams as well as Special Counselling Sessions were dished out by facilitators to a wide section of the public.
Mr. Tortiv quoted the Ag MD/CEO, Mr. Chudi Ugwuada-Ezirigwe as describing the attendance of the Sensitization by Kuje residents as successful. The MD called on Staff to redouble their efforts in reaching the thousands of business operators and residents of the Area Council who keep requesting for areas of knowledge to expand their businesses.
Represented by the Desk Officer in charge of the Programme at AEA, Mrs Chidinma Nduka, the MD informed Newsmen that Kuje was a huge embodiment of prospects for the success of business operators in the Area Council.
He further noted the positive reaction of residents of the Area Council to the initiative from the FCT Administration through the Agency.
He also noted that the Campaign will go a long way in driving their businesses towards sustainability.
He expressed satisfaction with the participation and enthusiasm exhibited by the residents of the Area Council.
He acknowledged that access to business advisory services and finance remains the focal point and most patronised of all the enquiries made by the public in all the Area Councils visited so far. He added that the inadequate or outright lack of information was another critical area people wanted to know in their enquiries.
Also speaking on the outcome of the Sensitization in Kuje, the Head, Partnerships and Strategy, Mal. Usman Isiaka Usman described the response by Kuje residents as satisfactory noting that the surge of business operators/SMEs was remarkable.
Mal. Usman said “we had a surge of people coming to understand how Financial Literacy can be used to turn businesses around. We have a lot of interested people that have even registered with the Agency because of the quality of orientation that we have given to them.”
In their separate comments, Adailo Yakubu and Nzeka Chukuma, both Fashion Designer and Furniture Maker in Kuje expressed their heartfelt gratitude to the FCT Minister, Ezenwo Nyesom Wike for providing infrastructures to their Councils as well as granting them access to knowledge-based activities like the Financial Literacy Programme.
“I will visit the AEA for more Financial Education because of what I got from the market today. I came here today to buy ordinary pepper and tomatoes, but I got more knowledge unexpectedly. I must visit them for more knowledge.” Reiterated 32 year old Adailo.
Also speaking, Mr.
Nzeka Chukwuma said until he recieved the Financial Literacy Campaigns from AEA, he had always assumed that most interventions from Government Agencies were a scam. The excited Fashion Dealer said “henceforth I will ensure I register my business and approach relevant government agencies to seek for the needed information on how to expand my business.”
News
Amb Lion Ogorry Files Landmark Lawsuit Against Sahara Reporters, Sowore For Misleading and Malicious Publication Endangering National Security
Ambassador Adebayo Lion Ogorry, a renowned public advocacy practitioner and activist, today announced the filing of a high-profile lawsuit against Sahara Reporters Ltd. and its publisher, Omoyele Sowore, in the High Court of the Federal Capital Territory, Abuja.
The suit, numbered FCT/HC/CV/4767/2025, accuses the defendants of publishing a false, malicious, and reckless article that violates Nigeria’s Constitution, the Cybercrimes (Prohibition, Prevention, Etc.) Act 2015, and other laws protecting public discourse, national security, and public order.
The originating summons, filed on November 24, 2025, stems from a Sahara Reporters article titled
“EXCLUSIVE: How Tinubu’s Defence Minister Matawalle Maintains Contact With Bandit Leaders, Ordered Them To Compel Communities To Vote For APC—Former Aide,” published on November 19, 2025.
Ambassador Ogorry alleges that the publication contains grave, unfounded accusations against the Honourable Minister of State for Defence, Dr. Bello Matawalle, claiming he maintains illicit contacts with bandit leaders, orders communities to vote for the All Progressives Congress (APC), and engages in activities that undermine counter-terrorism efforts.
These claims, according to the suit, are not only false but also fabricated to incite alarm, hatred, and ill-will, while endangering national security and public safety.
In his affidavit supporting the summons, Ambassador Ogorry, a Nigerian citizen and resident of Abuja with a long-standing commitment to public order and lawful civic discourse, emphasized that the article was disseminated widely across Sahara Reporters’ website, social media channels, X.com (Twitter) account, Facebook pages, WhatsApp broadcasts, and other platforms. He described the publication as a blatant violation of Section 39(3)(a) of the 1999 Constitution (as amended), which prohibits speech that endangers public safety, national security, and public order. Furthermore, it contravenes Sections 24(1)(a) & (b) of the Cybercrimes Act 2015 by disseminating false, misleading, and harmful information capable of causing alarm or ill-will.
“The defendants’ reckless actions have not only tarnished the reputation of a dedicated public servant but have also compromised ongoing military operations against banditry and terrorism in Nigeria’s North-West region,” said Ambassador Ogorry. “This publication promotes distrust, exposes the Minister to risks, and undermines the morale of our armed forces engaged in counter-terrorism. It is a direct assault on our national security and the freedom of expression that must be balanced with responsibility.”
The lawsuit seeks the following reliefs from the court:
– A declaration that the publication is false, misleading, malicious, and not protected speech under Section 39(1) of the Constitution (as amended).
– A declaration that it falls within restricted speech under Section 39(3)(a), endangering public safety, national security, and public order.
– A declaration that it violates Sections 24(1)(a) & (b) of the Cybercrimes Act 2015 by prohibiting false, harmful, or misleading information.
– AN ORDER OF INJUNCTION restraining the Defendants, their agents, or privies from further publishing, distributing, circulating, or causing to be circulated the said false publication or any other malicious publication especially as it relates to and against the person of Defence Minister, Dr. Matawalle.
– An order directing the defendants to issue a public retraction of the publication and publish a full apology on their website and social media channels for 14 consecutive days.
– General and exemplary damages of N10,000,000,000 (Ten Billion Naira) for the frivolous, false, and malicious publication geared toward endangering public safety, national security, and public order.
Ambassador Ogorry highlighted that the article, based on unverified claims from an alleged “former senior aide,” lacks any official record or evidence, demonstrating the defendants’ disregard for truth and ethical journalism. He urged the court to address this as a matter of urgent national importance, citing precedents such as President F.R.N. v. ISA (2017) and Guardian Newspapers v. AIEH (2011), which affirm that freedom of expression does not protect reckless publications that threaten security.
“This lawsuit is not just about correcting a falsehood; it’s about safeguarding Nigeria’s democracy, protecting public officials from baseless attacks, and ensuring media accountability,” Ambassador Ogorry added. “Sahara Reporters and Omoyele Sowore must be held responsible for their role in spreading dangerous misinformation that could fuel terrorism and disrupt public order.”
The case is set for hearing in the Abuja Judicial Division, and Ambassador Ogorry expressed confidence in the judiciary’s ability to uphold justice and constitutional principles.
About Ambassador Adebayo Lion Ogorry
Ambassador Adebayo Lion Ogorry is a public advocacy practitioner, activist, and Nigerian citizen dedicated to promoting national security, public order, and lawful civic discourse. With a focus on protecting public discourse from malicious interference, he advocates for responsible journalism and governance.
-
Featured6 years agoLampard Names New Chelsea Manager
-
Featured6 years agoFG To Extends Lockdown In FCT, Lagos Ogun states For 7days
-
Featured6 years agoChildren Custody: Court Adjourns Mike Ezuruonye, Wife’s Case To April 7
-
Featured6 years agoNYSC Dismisses Report Of DG’s Plan To Islamize Benue Orientation Camp
-
Featured4 years agoTransfer Saga: How Mikel Obi Refused to compensate me After I Linked Him Worth $4m Deal In Kuwait SC – Okafor
-
Sports3 years ago
TINUBU LAMBAST DELE MOMODU
-
News11 months agoZulu to Super Eagles B team, President Tinubu is happy with you
-
Featured6 years ago
Board urges FG to establish one-stop rehabilitation centres in 6 geopolitical zones
