A memo raised by the minister of Justice and Attorney-General of the Federation, Abubakar Malami has revealed some of the damning allegations against the embattled acting chairman of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC.
Recall that Magu was made to appear before Justice Ayo Salami-led Presidential Investigative Panel on Anti-corruption to defend himself against allegations.
As at this moment, Mr. Magu is still detained at the Force CID building for interrogation.
The ten major allegations against Mr. Magu are listed below:
- Insubordination to the Office of the AGF
- Alleged ‘looting of recovered loots’ and Sale of seized assets to cronies, associates and friends
- Alleged favoritism towards selected EFCC investigators called the ‘Magu Boys’ for ‘juicy’ assignments
- Alleged leakages of investigative reports that were prejudicial to some cases to some selected media
- Alleged discrepancies in the reconciliation records of the EFCC and the Federal Ministry of Finance on recovered funds
- Alleged declaration of N539b as recovered funds instead of N504b earlier claimed
- Not providing enough concrete evidence against some suspects including on Diezani Alison-Madueke for her extradition
- Reporting some judges to their presiding officers without deferring to the AGF
- Late action on the investigation of P&ID leading to legal disputes
- Not respecting court order to unfreeze an N7b judgment in favor of a former executive director of a bank.
compiled by PRNigeria